Worker Center Associates at NICE engage in a wide range of activities in support of the organization’s programs. As generalists, working across different program areas, they play a critical role in responding to emerging needs and helping the organization have the biggest possible impact on the communities we serve.
The qualified candidate is able and willing to work flexible hours and on-site, ensuring that activities are conducted professionally, in a culturally-sensitive manner, and consistent with the mission and standards of the organization. We are seeking a highly motivated, high-performing, and organized colleague who is able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment.
- Temporary through June 30, 2021, with the possibility of extension.
- Full-time and Part-Time positions available
- Hourly, non-exempt
- Requires physical presence at the job site(s) (categorized as an essential employee)
- NICE Queens Center: 71-21 Roosevelt Avenue, Jackson Heights, NY 11372
- NICE Brooklyn Center: 1609 Cortelyou Road, Brooklyn, NY 11218
Duties and activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate, plan and implement assigned projects and tasks, either within a single functional area or across multiple organizational areas
- Work with straight-line and dotted-line supervisor(s) to ensure milestones and project goals are met and deadlines are kept
- Conduct regular outreach to the immigrant communities we serve and to potential community partners
- Liaison between partner non-government and government agencies
- Actively engage in the development of our worker centers:
- Greet members, prospective members, and guests
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Check-in members and sign-up new members
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions
- Maintain a caseload of members with ongoing individual plans
- Provide members with connection to internal and external programs and services, information, and referrals as needed
- Help prepare, compile, and submit accurate and timely records, files, forms, statistics, and additional relevant information in accordance with agency policy, licensing, and funding requirements.
- Maintain a good and safe environment between co-workers, volunteers, and members
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the space
- Assist in managing day-to-day office operations and systems
- Draft and/or update communications and organizational materials
- Assist with organizational activities, as needed
Other responsibilities to be determined based on the needs of the organization and the skills and experience of the chosen applicant.
- Strong knowledge of computer operations (including but not limited to, Google Apps, Zoom, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting: individual maturity, respect for others, team-centered approach, and maintenance of confidential information
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, work independently, meet deadlines, and the ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects
- High emotional intelligence, engaging with at-risk individuals and maintaining confidentiality
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work effectively with all of the organization's stakeholders (staff, members, vendors, etc)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a diverse, multi-office, team environment
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours, on evenings and weekends, as needed, to meet client needs, as well as driving to home visits
- Knowledge of the immigrant community.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to work and collaborate with a predominantly Spanish-speaking community
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line: Worker Center Associate
- Cover letter
- Writing Sample
Or apply through www.indeed.com via this link: https://www.indeed.com/job/worker-center-associate-f7d7bee76aa0fcfe
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.