Worker Center Associates at NICE engage in a wide range of activities in support of the organization’s programs. As generalists, working across different program areas, they play a critical role in responding to emerging needs and helping the organization have the biggest possible impact on the communities we serve.
We are seeking a highly motivated, committed, and organized colleague who is able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment. The qualified candidate must ensure that activities are conducted professionally, in a culturally-sensitive manner, and consistent with the mission and standards of the organization.
This role requires a willingness to work on-site and during hours most accessible to the community, often early mornings, in the evenings, and on weekends.
- Temporary through June 30, 2021, with the possibility of extension.
- Full-Time or Part-Time, with a focus on early morning, evenings and on weekend shifts.
- Hourly, Non-exempt.
- Requires physical presence at the job site(s)
- Categorized as an essential employee
Duties and activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Engage in assigned projects and tasks, either within a single functional area or across multiple organizational areas
- Work closely with supervisor(s) to ensure milestones and project goals are met and deadlines are kept
- Conduct regular outreach to immigrant communities
- Greet members, prospective members, and guests
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Check-in members and sign-up new members
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions
- Maintain a caseload of members to support their ongoing individual needs
- Provide members with a connection to internal and external programs and services, information, and referrals as needed
- Conduct data entry and help prepare, compile, and submit accurate and timely records, files, forms, statistics, and additional relevant information in accordance with agency policy, licensing, and funding requirements.
- Maintain a good and safe environment between co-workers, volunteers, and members
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the space
- Assist in managing day-to-day office operations and systems
- Draft and/or update communications and organizational materials
- Assist with organizational activities, as needed
Other responsibilities to be determined based on the needs of the organization and the skills and experience of the chosen applicant.
- Strong knowledge of computer operations (including but not limited to, Google Apps, Zoom, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting: individual maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, and maintenance of confidential information
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, work independently, meet deadlines, and the ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work effectively with all of the organization's stakeholders (staff, members, partner agencies, etc)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a diverse, multi-office, team environment
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours, on evenings and weekends, as needed, to meet client needs, as well as driving to home visits
- Knowledge of the immigrant community.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to work and collaborate with a predominantly Spanish-speaking community
Send us your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Worker Center Associate