Here are some of the ways you can support our members through our COVID19 Relief and Recovery efforts:
- Help us deliver groceries/meals to needy families by car
- Help us distribute groceries/meals to our members from our Worker's Center (Jackson Heights, Queens)
- Help us make phone calls/send text messages to confirm food deliveries, program registration and participation, etc.
- Help encourage your friends and network to support NICE. Anything helps: https://www.nynice.org/donors
Besides our Coronavirus recovery efforts, we're always looking for reliable volunteers who are passionate about supporting vulnerable communities by sharing their skills, energy, and time with our members. Most of our members speak Spanish, but it is not required that our volunteers do so.
Here are some other ways you can help:
- Become an English conversation partner/tutor
- Become a digital/computer skills tutor
- Teach a workshop to share relevant skills in the areas of job training, resume building, health and safety, construction, etc. (Spanish required)
- Advocate for our community by sending mass texts, making phone calls to gain support for issues impacting our members.
Please fill our volunteer form below with your availability and skills with us and we will get in touch with you with available volunteer opportunities.