The Operations Manager will serve as a confidential employee to the Director of Operations and Administration and oversee daily responsibilities related to HR, labor relations, and finance, as well as daily operations, administration, and IT activities. On behalf of management, will have access to confidential labor relations information involving the processing or handling of grievances, the development of contract proposals, preparing reports, and the review and administration of a collective bargaining agreement.
In addition, this position will supervise performance of direct reports, assign and change work duties as needed. If appropriate, will schedule employees, change schedules and grant requests for time off for unanticipated and anticipated special reasons. If needed, the successful candidate shall support direct reports through discipline by issuing counselling, verbal warnings, written warnings, and make recommendations for suspensions, placing employees on performance improvement plans, and discharge.
HR and Labor Relations
- Ensure employees have the workspace, tools, and knowledge of organizational policies to do their jobs effectively.
- Liaison with employees to guide them through the use of HRIS systems
- Support HR activities including compensation, benefits, operations, and compliance.
- Maintain employee files
- Manage new employee orientation
- Ensure timesheets are submitted on time
- Respond to requests for information regarding employee information
- Assist in the processing or handling of grievances, the development of contract proposals, preparing reports, and the review and administration of a collective bargaining agreement
Regulatory and Finance
- Ensure organizational compliance for regulatory and insurance needs
- Update and maintain all vendor information and files
- Verify approval, math, and appropriateness of all vendor invoices and report back to staff on invoice status as requested.
- Oversee preparation of checks and deposits, secure signatures, copies, and all related paperwork
- Oversee the work of the Operations Coordinator who is responsible for centralized purchasing
- Support the work of the Director of Operations in new project management
- Oversee day-to-day office operations and administrative systems
- Oversee administration of all IT systems, including email, phones, databases, and file storage
- Supervise 2 or more staff within the Operations Department
- Assign and manage duties and schedules, oversee work output
- Evaluate job performance, issue discipline as necessary, make recommendations for professional development.
- Previous experience managing human resources activities, payroll and benefits
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects
- A passion for social and economic justice and a strong commitment to organizing and the empowerment of low-income immigrant workers
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure, show attention to detail, and follow directions
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to communicate well and write clearly
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Hourly, Non-exempt.
- Requires physical presence at the job site(s)
- Categorized as an essential employee
- Confidential employee and supervisor (non-union)
Commensurate with experience. Employer-provided medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), transit, and FSA benefits.
Email Cover Letter, Resume, and a Writing Sample to [email protected]