Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Jackson Heights
Schedule: Full-time (35 hours per week), non-exempt, hourly
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Operations Coordinator supports the Operations Manager to provide office management and logistical support to Programs, providing daily hands-on support and project management to Programs and Administration. The Operations Coordinator will support day-to-day operations of the main office, facility maintenance for all work-sites, logistics planning and support, purchasing and inventory control, technology, and provide project management for priorities in those areas.
Administration and Purchasing
- Update and maintain all vendor information and files
- Determine cost-effective strategies to procure supplies and services, including seeking quotes, vendor research and management
- Assist in management of financial controls
- Support HR activities including onboarding staff and compliance
- Manage day-to-day office operations and administrative systems
- Maintain filing systems--physical and digital
- Maintain and replenish inventory and office supplies, ensuring that all program materials are on hand in advance of programmatic needs
- Maintain and control asset management systems (technology equipment, other equipment, keys, etc.)
- Ensure worksites are organized and clean – organize supplies, file paperwork, coordinate trash pickup, communicate with office cleaners, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic IT software/hardware, phone, and office equipment issues and liaise with external IT consultant to maintain effective IT continuity
- Maintain and control phone/email/communications systems
- Assist with programmatic and organizational activities, as needed
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Demonstrated office management experience
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, work independently, meet deadlines, and the ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work well under pressure, show attention to detail, and follow directions
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to communicate well and write clearly
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to work and collaborate with a predominantly Spanish-speaking community
- Hourly, Non-exempt.
- Requires physical presence at the job site(s)
- Categorized as an essential employee
- Union position, represented by ALAA
Commensurate with experience. Employer-provided medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), transit, and FSA benefits.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]