Position Type: Full Time
New Immigrant Community Empowerment (NICE) is a community-based organization in Jackson Heights, Queens dedicated to immigrant workers rights. NICE works with immigrant workers, primarily day laborers and domestic workers, and together we engage in community organizing, grassroots advocacy and leadership development. NICE also offers critical services for our target base through our monthly wage theft legal clinic and our worker center, which offers job placement and workforce development trainings.
NICE is seeking a creative, energetic Program Manager to oversee the organization’s programs and services. The ideal candidate has a strong commitment to the empowerment of low-income immigrant workers and has experience in building and managing teams.
The Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and supervising a team of 2-3 program staff
- Coordinating programmatic work with an emphasis on community organizing, grassroots advocacy, coalition building, membership and leadership development
- Providing strategic direction (along with staff and leaders) for building NICE’s organizing and advocacy work, with a focus on building power at the city and state level to win policy and administrative reform campaigns
- Implementing short-and long-term campaign, strategic, and organizational plans to achieve target outcomes
- Maintaining relations with allies and partners, with elected and other government officials and with the press
- Overseeing the management of NICE’s training program and monthly wage theft clinic
- Developing organizational systems to improve program planning, delivery and evaluation
- Providing communications support, including writing and proofreading press releases and mass mailings
- Providing operations support, including managing program budgets and ensuring regulatory deadlines are met
- Recruiting interns and volunteers, and support staff in developing intern/volunteer work plans and managing intern/volunteer supervision
Skills and Qualifications:
- A passion for social and economic justice and a strong commitment to organizing and the empowerment of low-income immigrant workers
- Strong program or project management experience with extraordinary attention to detail, and the ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to collaborate, attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Interest in collecting and utilizing data to support program strength
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- The candidate must be prepared to make at least a 3 year commitment to the position
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package applies.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to email@example.com with "Program Manager” in the subject line headline.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.