The Training Associate(s) at NICE are responsible for providing all-around support of training activities with the immigrant communities we serve.
The qualified candidates are able and willing to work evenings and weekends, and occasionally be present on-site at NICE and conduct street outreach at day laborer street corners. The candidates must be able to conduct activities professionally, in a culturally-sensitive manner, and consistent with the mission and standards of the organization.
Under the supervision of the Director of Training, work with a team of trainers and NICE staff to engage in the following duties and activities:
- Conduct assessment of prospective students to ensure that enrollment requirements are met
- Create logins for trainees & retain their login information/password
- Verify existing OSHA credentials for those that have them
- Interact and troubleshoot with staff and NICE and SBS for policy, technological, and other issues and inquiries
- Assist with overall logistics and ensure all tech, space and other materials needed for training are on hand for each class
- Work collaboratively with instructors, NICE staff, and member volunteers in the development and executing trainings
- Work with strategic partners to integrate Know-Your-Rights workers into trainings
- Help facilitate classes, provide technical assistance, and/or individual coaching
- Report urgent student issues such as inappropriate behaviors, academic and skills concerns, and attendance trends
- Maintain excellent attendance and other training records
- Take photos of trainings for reports and NICE communications plan
- Prepare certificates for students for final day of course
- Photograph and distribute safety card to trainees who complete training
- Coordinate card collection from SBS and distribution to Trainees at NICE
- Input student data into NICE main database
- Document all service transactions in accordance with agency procedure and policy
- Help prepare, compile, and submit accurate and timely records, files, forms, statistics and additional relevant information in accord with agency policy, licensing, and funding requirements.
- Help ensure milestones are met, and deadlines are kept
- Participate in team and staff meetings
- Refer members to services internally and/or externally
- Engage member leaders to support and facilitate trainings, and build appropriate relationships with members to encourage their engagement within the organization
- Assist with organizational activities as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Specific goals will be set quarterly, corresponding to each area. Other responsibilities to be determined based on the needs of the organization and the skills and experience of the chosen applicant.
- Strong knowledge of computer operations (including but not limited to, Google Apps, Zoom, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting: individual maturity, respect for others, team-centered approach, and maintenance of confidential information
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, work independently, meet deadlines, and the ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects
- High emotional intelligence, engaging with at-risk individuals and maintaining confidentiality
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work effectively with all of the organization's stakeholders (staff, members, vendors, etc)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a diverse, multi-office, team environment
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours, on evenings and weekends, as needed, to meet client needs, as well as driving to home visits
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to work and collaborate with a predominantly Spanish-speaking community
- Full-Time or Part-Time positions available
- Multiple positions available
- Categorized as Essential Worker (Requires physical presence at job sites)
- Temporary, through July 31, 2020, with the possibility of extension.
Please send the following items to email@example.com with the subject line: Training Associate
- Cover letter
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.