The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing resource development, public relations, and marketing at NICE. The Director of Development is part of the organization’s management team and will play an important role in proposal writing, monitoring & evaluation, donors’ relations, and reporting. The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills, creativity, and interest in NICE's mission and programs. We are seeking a highly motivated, high-performing, and detail-oriented colleague who is able to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Work with the Executive Director to create an annual development plan, including grant writing and reporting plan.
- Coordinate overall proposal development, communications, grants submission, and reporting for funders, including foundation, individuals and government agencies
- Conduct research and collaborate with staff to identify grant opportunities and to develop relationships with potential funders
- Understand and express the value and impact of NICE’s work and synthesize information about NICE to create compelling letters of intent and proposal narratives for submission to funding agencies.
- Ensure grant compliance of funded programs including data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Partner with program team to obtain pertinent evaluation and impact data in an organized and timely manner for effective grant reporting and to fulfill grant requirements
- Provide support to program directors in drafting effective evaluations that meet grant requirements
- Works cohesively staff in tracking outcomes, successes, and challenges of grants in order to prepare interim and final funding reports.
- Maintain excellent grant tracking system, donor database, and reporting files.
- Create content for impact reports, the website, email appeals, and social media posts
- Organize special events and communications efforts, as needed
- Oversee related consultant(s) and help grow and manage the development team
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of successful development experience, including experience with foundations, government entities, and individuals
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of NICE
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Must be a self-starter, have a strong work ethic, be results-oriented and deadline-driven
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line: Development Director.
- Cover letter
- Writing samples
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.