Health and Safety trainers at NICE are responsible for working in a team to plan and execute NICE’s health and safety curriculum that satisfies the licensing requirements for Site Safety Training (Local Law 196).
Full-time or Part-Time
- Execute and coordinate health and safety trainings
- Develop trainings that are based on original and/or existing models
- Work collaboratively with other trainers and with member leaders in the development and execution of trainings
- Provide thorough evaluation of training program, curriculum and facilitation
- Assess training needs and develop strategic implementation and development plans accordingly
- In collaboration with program staff, coordinate outreach and registration for trainings
- In collaboration with administrative staff, coordinate logistics and ensure all space, materials and other goods needed for trainings are provided and set-up/taken-down in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent attendance and training records
- Support organizational activities, when required
- Flexible schedule - trainings are generally scheduled in the evenings and sometimes weekends
- Ability to work and collaborate with a predominantly Spanish-speaking community
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self-understood to Spanish speaking individuals.
- Knowledge of administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities
- Certification in "OSHA 10 in construction" training a plus (but not required)
- Past trainer experience preferred
- Strong commitment to immigrant and/or labor movement
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to collaborative, fast paced working environment
- Strong Interpersonal skills
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Health and Safety Trainer
- Cover letter
- Professional writing sample
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.