SUMMARY OF POSITION
NICE's development/fundraising intern will assist with the organization's development and fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate has strong written communications skills, creativity, and interest in NICE's mission and programs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in a career in nonprofit management and/or fundraising and currently enrolled in an MPA program.
- Research foundation and donor prospects
- Assist in maintaining our grant tracking system and individual donor database
- Assist in the management and organization of fundraising files.
- Support in the planning and implementing of development events and activities
- Light editing for grants and appeals
- Help create content for our website and email appeals
- Develop and post content on the organization’s social media pages
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working on multiple projects
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in organizational development, resource development, and fundraising
- This internship is unpaid, but school credit may be arranged
Must commit to working at least 10-15 hours per week and at least one semester (or 3-4 months) at a time.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Community Organizing Intern
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.