The Support Services Program at NICE connects our members to services and resources that help them meet their basic needs. In recent years, such services have included direct support to apply for COVID19 relief and recovery assistance, COVID19 vaccine and testing outreach, and access to medical coverage through NYC Cares. The Support Services Director at NICE leads the administration, supervision, and execution of the program and provides strategic leadership to the organization.
- Develop and execute support services strategy based on original and existing models
- Work with leadership, funders, and government agencies to establish best practices for service delivery and program design
- Direct outreach, registration, and other logistics to ensure all space, materials, and other goods needed for workforce development programs and services
- Oversee the maintaining excellent records and data management systems
- Implement a thorough evaluation framework for all program activities, measuring participant achievement and corresponding success, quantitatively and qualitatively
- Implement appropriate systems to facilitate efficient and effective work, including but not limited to staff work plans, operational procedures and policies, and collaborative data sharing systems.
- Help execute intake, referrals, and know your rights workshops when needed
- Implement a thorough evaluation framework for activities, measuring progress, success in achieving goals, both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Ensure documentation and data collection meet funder requirements and internal evaluation needs
- Supervise the performance of direct reports, and assign and change work duties as needed.
- Develop and monitor the schedule of employees, change schedules when needed, and grant requests for time off for unanticipated and anticipated special reasons.
- Support direct reports through discipline by issuing counseling, verbal warnings, written warnings, and make recommendations for suspensions, placing employees on performance improvement plans, and discharge them.
- Assign and supervise the execution of specific projects and tasks
- Have regular check-ins with staff to track progress over time and document appropriately
- Evaluate staff performance on a bi-annual basis
- Contribute to the development of NICE’s strategic goals and objectives
- Contribute to funding proposals and reporting processes, including data processing and report preparation
- Prepare, compile, and submit accurate and timely records, files, forms, statistics, and additional relevant information in accord with agency policy, licensing, and funding requirements.
- Help manage external relationships with program funders, program partners, and other collaborators
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key allies, community organizations, and community leaders, to serve our members’ needs.
- Assist with overall communications strategy and in coordinating organizational, fundraising, and media events.
- Help lead and/or assist with organizational and administrative activities as needed
Other responsibilities to be determined based on the needs of the organization.
- At least 3 to 5 years of supervision experience in a related field
- Demonstrated ability to set clear performance objectives, coordinate teams, and set up organizational systems.
- Experience with strategic planning, team building, and developing internal program capacity.
- A passion for social and economic justice and a strong commitment to organizing and the empowerment of low-income immigrant workers.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Competitive salary and benefits. Employer-provided medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), transit, and FSA benefits. Current medical, dental, and vision covered at 100% (subject to change on a year-to-year basis).
Vacation schedule: 1st year: 3 weeks vacation, 2nd Year: 4 weeks vacation, 4th Year: 5 weeks vacation.
Email Cover Letter, Resume, and a Writing Sample to [email protected]