The Director of Operations/Administration and Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the planning and oversight of the organization’s infrastructure, including Operations, Administration, Human Resources, and outsourced financial services. The Director is part of NICE’s management team and will play an important role across the organization.
The ideal candidate has excellent organizational, supervision, and project management skills; as well as cultural competency and emotional intelligence. We are seeking a highly motivated, high-performing, and detail-oriented colleague who is able to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
This position reports to the Executive Director, will supervise 2-3 staff, and oversee outsourced fiscal providers and PEO.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with all management staff to identify and deliver the required administrative support operations for the organization.
- Serves as a member of the organizations key administrative decision-making and planning body.
- Oversee the team that is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the organization’s various office facilities including the day-to-day management of office space, work areas, training centers, and meeting rooms.
- Oversee relationship with NICE’s outsourced finance and accounting firm.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate external contracts.
- Maintain relationships with all vendors (building, cleaning, utilities, etc.)
- Reviews and renews the organization’s insurance policies. Working with the insurance broker makes recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Assess NICE’s technology needs and maintain an organization-wide inventory of equipment.
- Oversee purchasing and ensures compliance with NICE’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure NICE has the infrastructure in place to meet funder requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all grants and contracts in partnership with the Executive Director, VP of Development and Marketing, Director of Programs, and outsourced fiscal provider.
- Oversee talent acquisition, onboarding, compensation, health and welfare benefits, records management, safety and health, employee relations, recognition events, and retention and compliance.
- Oversee the development and application of human resources policies, procedures, and practices, including regular review, revision, record keeping, and distribution and staff training.
- Serve as internal advisor for all staff on employee relations.
- Manage all personnel-related records and documentation.
- Manage relationship with NICE’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and work closely with the PEO HR representative (including managing NICE benefits administration with the PEO).
- Develop a formal employee goal setting and review process, including 90 day and annual reviews, in partnership with NICE leadership and the external HR Consultant.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the Operations, Administration and Human Resources team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
- Bachelors in related field required, a master’s in public administration is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in nonprofit administration, operations, and/or HR- demonstrating increasing leadership and faculty in the roles and responsibilities described above.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of NICE, with the ability to render these into practice.
- Must have the ability to work as an essential employee, have flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and some weekends as needed. This is a non-remote New York City-based position.
- Excellent supervision, organization, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a high degree of cultural competency, emotional intelligence and attention to detail.
- Professional and tactful interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of personalities.
- Demonstrated organizational leadership and decision-making capability at a senior management level in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to achieve goals and align interests through cooperation and collaboration with other groups and cross-functional teams, even where no direct reporting relationship exists.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- English fluency / Spanish fluency preferred.
Commensurate with experience. Employer-provided medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), transit, and FSA benefits.
Email Cover Letter, Resume, and a Writing Sample to [email protected]