The Workforce Development Associate supports the Community Job Center operations, which primarily includes -- but is not limited to -- the coordinating job orders and connecting of jobs with workers. Reports to: Workforce Development Manager
- Assist employers in coordinating work orders in a respectful manner, while ensuring procedures and advocating for worker's rights, safety, and salary.
- Organize and coordinate with workers in filling work orders based on the worker's ability/skills, documentation, and other requirements.
- Ensure the adherence of the agreements and procedures accorded by the Worker Center Committee.
- Assist with mediation and assistance with any conflicts between workers and employer.
- Document necessary job order details, input worker's evaluation of job order, as well as a staff evaluation of the employer.
- Support community relations and participate in outreach (phone, email, internet, in-person) to employers that may be seeking assistance for upcoming jobs.
- Update workers with current, available job orders.
- Update online job order list.
Workforce Development Navigation:
- Assist with inquiries and questions about trainings.
- Encourage professional development participation.
- Refer members to appropriate staff member or organization for additional, external assistance.
- Support the registration of new members, when required.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Answer phone calls during office hours.
- Record keeping of any external referrals.
- Provide interpretation/translation, when required.
- Ability to work and collaborate with a predominantly Spanish-speaking, Latino population.
- Strong written and oral skills in Spanish and English.
- Dedication to flexible, early mornings.
- Knowledge of computer operations (including but not limited to, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, etc.), as well as copiers, fax machines, and phones.
- Administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities.
- Organizing experience a plus.
Email Resume, Cover Letter, and Writing Samples to firstname.lastname@example.org