WORKER RIGHTS MANAGER
SUMMARY OF POSITION
New Immigrant Community Empowerment (NICE) is seeking a Worker Rights Manager who will be responsible for NICE’s program to empower immigrant workers who have been exploited by their employers.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- Manage caseload of immigrant workers, including group cases, for labor violations (wage theft, discrimination, etc.)
- Conduct screening for worker’s rights violations
- Execute Worker Rights workshops and trainings, at NICE and partner organizations
- Conduct city-wide outreach in-person and through social media
- Register intakes and orient members who have worker’s rights needs
- Plan and lead appropriate events for immigrant worker needs
- Manage Wage Theft Associate, ensuring that the program overall meets quantitative and qualitative deliverables
- Liaise with attorneys, paralegals, and other associated staff
- Assist Program Staff in outreach and recruitment of new active members and member leaders
- In collaboration with administrative staff, coordinate logistics and ensure all space, materials and other goods needed for trainings are provided and set-up/taken-down in a timely manner
- Support organizational activities, when required
- Maintain excellent attendance and training records
- Answer phone calls during office hours and check voicemail when in office
- Provide interpretation/translation, when required
- Ability to develop appropriate, trusting relationships with a predominantly Spanish-speaking community of immigrant workers
- Strong written and oral skills in Spanish and English
- Willingness to do outreach in Queens and other boroughs, in a variety of contexts: street, business, direct service, government, etc.
- Strong social justice analysis, particularly around immigration, class/labor, gender, and race
- Experience working with immigrant communities or other vulnerable individuals
- Experience managing outreach efforts to hit concrete numbers
- Experience managing cases with vulnerable individuals, a plus
- Knowledge of computer operations (including but not limited to, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, etc.), as well as copiers, fax machines, and phones
- Administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION IF YOU ARE NOT BILINGUAL IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line: Worker Rights Manager.
- Cover letter
- Professional writing sample
- Three (3) references (at least 2 professional)
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.
Date posted: 8 June 2018