SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Health and Safety trainer will be responsible for the planning and execution of NICE’s health and safety curriculum. The trainer must be certified to teach OSHA 10 trainings and have the ability to understand and to make one’s self-understood to Spanish speaking individuals.
Full-time or Part-Time
- Execute and coordinate OSHA 10 health and safety trainings
- Develop trainings that are based on original and/or existing models
- Work collaboratively with the Know-Your-Rights/Leadership trainer and with member leaders in the development and execution of trainings
- Provide thorough evaluation of training program, curriculum and facilitation
- Assess training needs and develop strategic implementation and development plans accordingly
- In collaboration with program staff, coordinate outreach and registration for trainings
- In collaboration with administrative staff, coordinate logistics and ensure all space, materials and other goods needed for trainings are provided and set-up/taken-down in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent attendance and training records
- Support organizational activities, when required
- Flexible schedule - trainings are generally scheduled in the evenings and sometimes weekends
- Ability to work and collaborate with a predominantly Spanish-speaking community
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self-understood to Spanish speaking individuals.
- Knowledge of administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities
- Past trainer experience preferred
- Strong commitment to immigrant and/or labor movement
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to collaborative, fast paced working environment
- Strong Interpersonal skills
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Trainer - Health and Safety
- Cover letter
- Professional writing sample
- Three (3) references (at least 2 professional)
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.