SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Outreach Associate will work as part of the Workforce Development team to support member leadership, execute strategies for safely connecting members to employment opportunities, and job outreach. The team is responsible for working as a team with NICE members to register new members, conduct outreach to members and employers, and support members connect with employers.
Full-time or Part-Time
- Communicate effectively with employers to maintain complete, up-to-date work orders
- Facilitate communication between workers and employers
- Follow Job Center protocols and process as established by the Job Center Committee
- Support members in workshopping, negotiation and confirmation of job orders
- Document details of job orders for workers and furnish printed materials as needed
- Document and track job outreach strategies
- Evaluate outreach strategies
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with employers and members
- Identify appropriate leadership and workforce development needs to meet potential workforce demands and communicate them to the Workforce Development team.
- Conduct regular outreach to the day-laborer community
- Engage and follow leadership and direction of members
- Support the Job Center Committee
- Facilitate established process and procedures established of the Committee
- Support individual and collective leadership and community development
- Work as a team with other Worker Center Associate and provide coverage as needed
- Open and close the Job Center
- Conduct intakes and registrations for new members
- Conduct orientations for new members
- Provide internal and external referrals as needed
- Knowledge of the construction industry and/or informal labor economy
- Knowledge of and commitment to immigrant rights and social justice
- Experience in grassroots organizing and/or popular education experience
- Ability to negotiate job contracts
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment
- Dedication and ability to work flexible, early morning hours (shifts begin at 7 am)
- Strong written and oral skills in English/Spanish
- Timely and punctual
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competent knowledge of social media, computer operations (Google Apps, Word, Excel, etc.) and equipment operation such as copiers, printers, and telephones
- Administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Outreach Associate
- Cover letter
- Professional writing sample
- Three (3) references (at least 2 professional)
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.