SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Outreach Associate will work as part of the Workforce Development team to support member leadership, execute strategies for safely connecting members to employment opportunities, and job outreach. The team is responsible for working as a team with NICE members to register new members, conduct outreach to members and employers, and support members connect with employers.
Full-time or Part-Time
- Document and track job outreach strategies
- Evaluate outreach strategies
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with employers and members
- Identify appropriate leadership and workforce development needs to meet potential workforce demands and communicate them to the Workforce Development team.
- Conduct regular outreach to the day-laborer community
- Engage and follow leadership and direction of members
- Support the Job Center Committee
- Facilitate established process and procedures established by the Committee
- Support individual and collective leadership and community development
- Work as a team with Worker Center Associate to open and close the Job Center
- Conduct intakes and registrations for new members
- Conduct orientations for new members
- Provide internal and external referrals as needed
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, in English/Spanish
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment
- Dedication and ability to work flexible, early morning hours
- Timely and punctual
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competent knowledge of social media, computer operations (Google Apps, Word, Excel, etc.) and equipment operation such as copiers, printers, and telephones
- Administrative and organizational skills necessary to carry out job description responsibilities.
- A plus but not required:
- Knowledge of the construction industry and/or informal labor economy
- Knowledge of and commitment to immigrant rights and social justice
- Experience in grassroots organizing and/or popular education experience
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Outreach Associate
- Cover letter
- Professional writing sample
- Three (3) references (at least 2 professional)
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.