SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Organizing Director at NICE will be responsible for leading the implementation of strategic campaigns with member leaders, partners, and allies, to combat unfair labor practices and other issues that impact the lives of immigrant workers. The ideal candidate is a passionate, skilled and creative organizer; a self-starter and great team player who works effectively independently and as part of a team, with a long-term commitment to social and economic justice and to the empowerment of low-income immigrant workers.
- Coordinate worker rights organizing by planning and implementing campaign strategies and activities.
- Identify, recruit, and develop effective worker leaders by conducting outreach at informal gatherings spaces, such as day labor corners, transportation hubs, employment agencies, and through leadership and organizing training.
- Effectively communicate and troubleshoot issues with members through campaign meetings, one-on-one’s, phone calls, communication materials, etc.
- Work closely with team to increase membership engagement.
- Maintain and update membership, outreach, and campaign databases.
- Work closely with staff to identify cases of unjust labor practices and engage in follow-up conversations with workers.
- Work with government agencies to establish best practices, policy changes, enforcement, and outreach processes.
- Develop and strengthen relationships and alliances with community, labor, faith, and other key partners and stakeholders.
- Assist in coordinating organizational activities, fundraising, and overall communications strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to set clear performance objectives, coordinate teams, and set-up organizational systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing deadlines and to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and some weekends.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Experience with team building, strategic planning, and developing internal capacity.
- A passion for social and economic justice and a strong commitment to organizing and the empowerment of low-income immigrant workers.
- Experience working in coalitions and/or community/labor organizing.
- Familiarity with popular education and other leadership development practices.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recruit, and develop a base of worker leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate a campaign.
- Demonstrated understanding of community/labor/immigrant organizing.
- Familiarity with the needs of immigrant communities.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Spanish and English
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Organizing Director
- Cover letter
- Professional writing sample
- Three (3) references (at least 2 professional)
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.