SUMMARY OF POSITION
NICE is looking for a committed, flexible, and hardworking Administrative Associate who will provide essential duties for a growing nonprofit organization.
Full-time or Part-Time
- Assist in managing day-to-day office and administrative systems
- Support accounting and bookkeeping
- Help manage reporting for grants
- Assist with event coordination
- Provide program information to community members who call and walk-in
- Prepare materials, packets, and presentations
- Draft correspondence, presentations, proposals
- Draft print and online newsletters
- Draft and/or update organizational literature and brochures
- Draft press advisories and press releases regarding NICE events
- Manage and update social networking sites and websites
- Develop list serves to improve the organization’s communications
- Build and expand media contacts and relationships
- Provide administrative support for programs, as needed
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Solid organizational and management skills, including time management (ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects)
- Ability to work well under pressure, show attention to detail, and follow directions
- A self-starter attitude, with ability to work independently
- Must have a commitment to immigrant and worker’s rights, must feel comfortable working with low-income immigrant community members.
- Must be comfortable with non-profit environment
- Strong written and oral skills in English/Spanish
- Ability to write clearly and eloquently
- Dedication and ability to work flexible, early morning and evening hours
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Administrative Associate
- Cover letter
- Professional writing sample
- Three (3) references (at least 2 professional)
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are looking for someone to begin as soon as possible.